TIP: For best results, trace and color on the rough side of
the plastic film. The colors will adhere much better on the rough side.
- Use the included stencils to create your design. Use the black marker to trace the stencils. Draw on the rough side of the Film Sheet for best results.
- Use the square and circle templates to create the shape of your charm and use the other templates to create designs inside. Use the included pencil crayons to color your design. Color on the rough side of the Film Sheet.
- Cut out your design using scissors (not included). Have an adult supervise you.
- Use the included hole punch to place a hole in the design to use with the accessories if desired (the hole will also shrink along with the design).
- HAVE AN ADULT HELP YOU OPERATE THE OVEN!
- Preheat a toaster oven (recommended) or conventional oven to 325° F (165° C)
- Use baking parchment paper or tin foil to line a baking pan. For best results, make sure it’s a nice flat, even baking pan.
- Place your cut film pieces with the colored side up on the lined tray.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 to 3 minutes, or until the pieces stop shrinking (they will curl up at first, then lay flat again. Once they flatten out, they are done).
- If the pieces don’t flatten out on their own, but have stopped shrinking, you can take them out of the oven using oven mitts, and they can be lightly pressed down using a folded paper for about 20 seconds as they cool.
TIP: You only have a few seconds to press them before they
start to cool. You can always warm them up again if needed.
- Once it has completely cooled, you can use your shrunk creation with one of the included accessories.
Chains and Clip Loop
- Use the hole you punched before baking to secure your creation to the chain or clip loop.
Barrettes and Hair Clips
- Use the included double-sided tape (cut to size if needed) to attach your creation to the barrette or clip.