HOW IT WORKS
Our Decorate Your Own Photo Frame Craft Kit has everything you need to create your very own personalized Photo Frame!
DECORATING THE PHOTO FRAME
The Photo Frame is made of painted wood, please handle with care! It can chip or break if dropped.
Take care to always place the Photo Frame on a flat surface while working on it, away from edges or areas where it can be bumped and knocked over.
When decorating your photo frame, it is best to work on a flat surface with plenty of space around you.
APPLYING THE DESIGN
This is the sticky part that you’ll put the glitter or the transfer film onto later. Think of this as a double-sided sticker. First, you’ll stick it to the surface, then peel the top protective layer, and apply the finish (either Glitter or Transfer Film)
1. If on a smooth surface, make sure the area is clean and free of any moisture, grease, or dirt. (Any moisture, grease or dirt will cause the transfer to not stick properly).
2. Using scissors, cut out the desired design from the film sheet. (The transfer designs have a slight pink tone to make it easier to see and place – this does not affect the final design).
3. Carefully remove the white layer from the transfer and discard. You’ll be left with the transfer sticker on the clear backing.
4. Flip over and apply to desired location. Press and rub the clear layer so that the transfer adheres to the skin or intended surface.
5. Gently peel away the clear top layer to reveal the sticky transfer (be careful not to touch it or rub it, so it doesn’t lose its stickiness).
APPLYING THE GLITTER
1. Open up the desired glitter color pot (make sure to keep it right side up so as to not spill!).
TIP: On first use, remove the small plastic layer inside the pot (used for shipping only)
2. Using the small applicator brush with a scooping motion, scoop the desired amount of glitter onto the sticky transfer surface.
TIP: do not brush sticky transfer surface without any glitter on it, it may reduce the stickiness)
3. Use the applicator brush to spread the glitter over the transfer design.
TIP: You can use multiple colors on the same design. If using multiple colors, wipe applicator brush with a cotton wipe to remove glitter from the brush before changing colors.
4. Use the larger duster brush to brush excess glitter from the application area.
APPLYING FOIL TRANSFER FILM
1. After applying the transfer sticker, place the foil sheet over the sticker (dull side down) and use your finger to smooth and rub down the foil over the design.
2. Once the foil has been smoothed over the sticky areas, peel back the sheet gently, and the sheet will peel away while leaving foil adhered to the design underneath.
3. For best results, use foil on the larger designs.
NOTE: You can apply multiple colors of foil or glitter to each design, and even mix and match it (use the transfer foil first)
The foil sheet can be used multiple times.
To remove the transfer, gently rub with a damp soapy towel.
DO NOT PLACE TRANSFERS, STICKERS, GLITTER OR FOIL NEAR EYES, NOSE, OR MOUTH.
CHANGING THE PHOTO
To change the photo inside the photo frame, flip the frame over. On the back side there are small metal tabs holding the backing panel in place.
These tabs can be folded up with the edge of a spoon or pried off with pliers to release the backing panel.
Pull out the backing panel, and then layer the mat (if needed for a 4x6” photo), the photo and the backing panel.
Finally, place the tabs back in their locking position to hold photo and mat in place.
SHOW US YOUR STUFF
We love to see your creations. Share them on social media and tag us @PLBFUN. We regularly give prizes to our fans that share their creations. When you share, you’re entered.
There are endless possibilities to what you can create with Purple Ladybug®. See our social media channels for more ideas on how others are using Purple Ladybug® products in creative ways. (@PLBFUN)