Everything you need to create your own colorful stylish coasters. Resin is safe and easy to use. A fun craft to do with a parent!
WARNING: Use only under adult supervision. Keep away from mouth and eyes. Keep out of reach of children. Read label before use. Use in a well-ventilated area. Wear eye protection and gloves. If skin or eye irritation occurs, stop use, seek medical attention. Rinse immediately if product comes into contact with eye or skin. Colors and content may vary from what is pictured. Please retain packaging for future reference.
Craft Kit Specific Instructions
Go to www.plbfun.com/resin to watch a video tutorial on using Resin Crafts art kits, and this kit specifically.
- Prepare the photo
- Before you prepare the resin mix, you need to get the photo you want to use for the coaster cut to the right size and shape.
- Use the included cutting stencil to trace the outer outline on the photo. Once you trace and cut it, dry fit it into the coaster and adjust as needed.
- Get ready to pour
- Once the photo is correctly sized, use a piece of the included double-sided tape to secure the photo to the bottom of the coaster.
- Make sure you are working on a level, flat surface where you can let the coaster sit still for 24h for the resin to cure. Keeping the coaster level while it cures is important to get a flat coaster.
- Pour – Photo Clear Layer
TIP: To make sure the photo lays flat, push it down on to the coaster. The double-sided tape will hold it in place.
- Then mix equal parts of resin (part A) and hardener (part B) and follow the mixing instructions. (Stir slowly to avoid creating air bubbles in the resin mix)
TIP: To pour equal parts, pour a little bit at a time and maintain the same level of resin and hardener left in the bottle.
- You will need about half of the resin and half of the hardener bottle per coaster. Once well mixed, pour on top of the photo in the coaster.
TIP: Make sure the mold is overfilled. Fill right to the brim and keep pouring in slowly until it almost looks like it’s going to spill over the edges. This will give you best results as the resin will shrink slightly on curing.
- Wait at least 3-4 days before using the coaster, as the resin can still be made to soften with a warm mug placed on it during this time.
- Share your photos on social media and tag us (@plbfun) we’d love to see your creation.