Adult supervision required at all times
Prepare the solution
- The first step is to prepare the base solution where your crystals will grow.
- You will need 200ml (6.75 fl. oz) of boiling water to make the solution where your crystal will grow. Boiling water will give you optimal crystal growing conditions.
- Pour the boiling water into the Growth Chamber and fill it up to the Fill Mark on the side of the chamber.
- Pour the entire contents of ONE of the White Base Crystals (A) into the Growth Chamber.
- Use one of the included Stir Sticks to thoroughly mix the crystals until they dissolve completely. Stir for about 2 minutes or until the crystals are completely dissolved.
- Let the solution cool down to lukewarm, about 40° C (104°F) – It can take from 10-30 minutes depending on your room
- temperature. (Make sure the solution has cooled sufficiently before continuing)
- Select which color of Seed Crystals you want to grow and spread the entire contents of that color into the Growth Chamber. DO NOT STIR THE SOLUTION or shake it at this point. The Seed Crystals should settle to the bottom of the Grown Chamber and spread, more or less evenly.
- Carefully move the Growth Chamber to a warm place where it won’t be moved or disturbed over the next 5-7 days. (For optimal growth, the Growth Chamber should remain still in a warm room with temperature above 20°C (68°F) while they grow. Cooler temperatures will slow or stop the growth).
- Once you’ve found a place for the Growth Chamber to remain undisturbed, monitor the growth, and write down your observations every few hours.
- Growth will start right away on the very first day, and over the next 4-7 days, your crystal will grow to its full size. About 40- 50mm (1.5” - 2”) in width and height. The final size will vary, and depend on the growing conditions (water, temperature, humidity, and so on)
- Once the crystal has grown to its full size in a week or so (under ideal conditions), you’re ready to drain the growing solution and rinse your crystal.
- Use the stir stick to hold the crystal in the Growth Chamber and gently pour out the solution into a sink drain, then optionally rinse gently with cool water. (Don’t rinse for too long, water can damage your grown crystals)
- Let the crystal air dry on top of folded newspaper or an old towel.
- Once dry, you can display it along side your other crystals and creations.
- Wash the Growth Chamber before using it to grow your second crystal.
For more detailed instructions and video tutorials, please visit