Adult participation required for ironing instructions
This craft kit has everything you need to create four reusable beeswax food wraps. It’s an easy process to follow to create them.
- Set up a work area before you begin. You will need an adult and a standard clothes iron to complete this craft.
- Lay out the contents of the craft kit so all your materials and tools are within reach.
- Follow the included instructions. For additional tips and video tutorials, visit WWW.PLBFUN.COM/INSTRUCTIONS
Creating your wraps
Tip: Use an old newspaper to protect your work surface from the
heat of the iron.
- Start by placing a piece of parchment paper flat on the newspaper.
- Sprinkle some wax chips over the parchment paper (an area the size of the cotton cloth you’ll use)
- Then place the cotton cloth on top of the wax chips.
- Sprinkle some more wax chips over the cotton cloth (so they’re on both sides of it)
- Then cover with a piece of parchment paper before using the iron to melt the wax onto the cloth.
The next steps need to be done by an adult
- It’s time to start ironing the pieces using a regular clothes iron set to medium/high heat (Settings will vary depending on your iron)
- As you iron on top of the parchment paper, work from the center out in a slow deliberate motion. This will melt the wax chips, coating the cotton cloth.
- Once all the wax has been absorbed, or pushed out the edges, let it cool.
- Check to see if there are any voids or spaces that you missed, and you can add more wax chips to those areas and repeat the process until the cloth is fully coated in beeswax.
- Once the cloth is fully coated, let it cool before using.
Using and caring for your wraps
- Your wraps will have a natural beeswax scent to them. This is normal.
- Using your hands, mould and shape your Beeswax Wrap over food bowls and dishes.
- You can wash your wraps with cool soapy water, then rinse and hang to dry. Do not use warm or hot water.
- Avoid heat or placing on top of hot foods. Do not use them with raw meats.
- Wraps can last 12-18 months of regular use and care. You can compost the wraps once you’re done with them.
DO NOT MICROWAVE. DO NOT USE ON HOT FOODS OR SURFACES. DO NOT USE ON MEAT.
Show us your stuff
- We love to see your creations. Share them on social media and tag us @PLBFUN
- We regularly give prizes to our fans that share their creations.
- When you share, you’re entered.