Thanksgiving is a time to gather with loved ones and appreciate all the good things in life. It’s also a great opportunity to add creativity to the celebration, especially for the kiddos!
These easy and fun Thanksgiving crafts keep your kids entertained and involved during the season. Plus, they add a personal touch to your holiday decorations!
Here are our top 10 Thanksgiving craft ideas for kids:
DIY Gratefulness Garland
First up – the DIY Gratefulness Garland is a super easy DIY project for your kids. This fun craft lets them make a beautiful garland filled with what they’re grateful for. It’s a fantastic way to connect creativity and thankfulness, making your home festive and meaningful for the holiday season.
Here are a few tips to make your gratefulness garland even better:
- Add a unique twist by using Scratchy Scratch Paper! Scratch its matte black surface to reveal the colors underneath. Choose between rainbow, gold, and silver holographic.
- Encourage your kiddos to be creative with their writing and drawing. There are no rules when it comes to expressing gratitude!
- Add beads, sequins, glitter, or stickers to your garland.
No matter how your kids choose to make it, the gratitude garland is a fun and meaningful activity for the whole family.
Make Easy 3D Thanksgiving Decorations
Wax Craft Sticks bring joy to both parents and kids during Thanksgiving! They’re portable, mess-free, and a hit for creative projects. With 300 sticks in 15 different colors, the crafting possibilities are endless!
Kids can shape these sticks into Thanksgiving-themed wonders like pumpkins, turkeys, or festive scenes. The sticks stick together, so your kids can make 3D or 2D creations. Have your kids sculpt, shape, and form these wax sticks into delightful Thanksgiving crafts.
This craft is perfect for kids of all ages and a great way to get them involved in the Thanksgiving festivities. Your kids will love decorating their own turkey balloons, and they’ll be proud to display their craft around the house.
Here are some tips to make your turkey balloons even better:
- Use “feathers” in different fall colors like orange, red, and yellow.
- Hang the balloons around your home.
- Let your kids be creative with their turkey balloons!
Your kids will absolutely love getting their hands messy with fall slime! The vibrant autumn colors and squishy texture make it a sensory delight. This activity will keep them engaged and enhance their fine motor skills.
Here are a few tips to make your fall slime even better:
- Let your kids experiment with different colors and textures, encouraging artistic expression.
- Use essential oils to give your slime a fall-inspired scent like pumpkin spice, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add glitter or beads for extra sparkle and fun!
Your kids will have a blast making turkey windsocks for Thanksgiving! They get to choose their turkey colors and patterns, making each one as unique as they are. Have them design the turkey’s feathers and faces. The result? Happy kids and adorable windsocks you can proudly display in your home.
Here are a few tips to make great turkey windsocks:
- Use a variety of materials and colors to create unique and colorful turkeys.
- Add a string to the bottom of your turkey windsock so your kids can pull on it to make the turkey dance in the winds.
- Hang them outside for everyone to enjoy!
Your kiddos are in for a treat with Thanksgiving Cornucopia! This craft is a mix of creativity and sweetness, turning this classic craft into a tasty adventure. Your kids will love arranging colorful candies to create a delicious horn of plenty.
Keep things interesting by having a mix of candies for different colors and textures, and consider adding some non-candy decorations for balance, like these 3D Puffy Stickers! Encourage them to share their cornucopias with family and friends.
Here are a few tips to make your Thanksgiving Cornucopia even better:
- Use a variety of candies to make your cornucopias colorful and festive.
- Be creative with the shapes, sizes, and designs of the cornucopias.
- And enjoy!!!
Painted Rocks and Leaves Thanksgiving Centerpiece
Create a cute Thanksgiving centerpiece with your kids using painted rocks and leaves. It’s super easy and budget-friendly!
Let your kids paint rocks in fall colors and arrange them with pretty leaves. Encourage their creativity by trying different rock designs and leaf patterns. Once done, put their masterpiece on the table for a festive touch to your Thanksgiving decorations.
Make a cool Fall Bookmark with your kids by attaching felt leaves to craft sticks – it’s that easy! This simple craft adds a touch of autumn charm to your reading adventures. Ask your kids to get creative with the placement of the leaves and color.
These bookmarks make reading even more fun this fall!
Here are a few tips to make the best Fall Bookmark:
- Use warm fall colors like red, orange, and yellow.
- Aside from felt, you can use cardstock, laminated paper, or Scratchy Scratch Paper.
- Instead of leaves, you can also make apple or pumpkin-shaped bookmarks.
DIY Pilgrim Hat
With these DIY Pilgrim Hats, your kid will stand out as the best-dressed guest at your Thanksgiving dinner! To make the celebration even more fun, ask your kids to make hats for everyone. Pilgrim Hats crafts are the perfect way to entertain the kids before the big dinner – just make sure you have all the supplies ready!
Here are some tips to make nice Pilgrim Hats:
- Customize the hats using your kid’s favorite colors and designs.
- Use various materials like felt, fabric, or even paper plates.
- Get creative with decorations! Use buttons, ribbons, or feathers.
Mini Roast Turkey Piñata
Get your kids in the Thanksgiving spirit with these adorable Mini Roast Turkey Piñatas! These DIY piñatas are the perfect way to entertain your kids while waiting for dinner. Fill them with their favorite prizes and goodies and let them have fun trying to break them open.
You can use the Roast Turkey Piñatas as place cards or decorations. If guests come early, it’s a great pre-Thanksgiving dinner entertainment for everyone.
Here are a few tips to make them even better:
- Use brown paper bags or balloons for the base of the piñatas.
- Add feathers and other decorations.
- Pain the piñatas to look like turkeys.
No matter which craft you pick, get ready for some awesome Thanksgiving fun with your kids! Dive into the joy of crafting and create lasting memories with these fantastic Thanksgiving craft ideas for kids.