FREE Printable: Draw & Color the Other Half "Enjoy Waffles All Day TODAY!"
How do you make a waffle smile? Butter him up. :)
I’m not sure how breakfast requests (or jokes) play out at your house, but at our house, WAFFLES reign supreme! Sorry, pancakes.
That’s why we are especially excited that this Saturday is NATIONAL WAFFLE DAY! Pass the butter and syrup, please!
On August 24, 1869, the U.S. issued its first waffle iron patent to Cornelius Swarthout of New York. Although, history indicates that waffle irons and waffles actually originated around the 14th century.
For hundreds of years, people have been enjoying the DELICIOUS golden goodness of waffles and for WAFFLE DAY this year, we rounded up a few of our favorite waffle-related ideas. This year you can celebrate with waffles for breakfast, lunch, and dinner!
- Waffles with strawberries 🍓 (or whatever fresh berries you prefer!). Don’t forget the whipped cream!
- Chicken and waffles - a Southern favorite
- Hash brown waffles – that waffle iron can cook potatoes, too!
- Omelet waffles – fantastic if you’re watching your carbs or just looking for a more protein-rich breakfast option 🍳
- Waffle iron paninis or waffle iron grilled cheese sandwiches – a new twist for lunch 🥪
- Classic waffles with butter and syrup – always a hit in our kitchen!
- Cornbread waffles topped with chili and cheese – perfect for the upcoming fall weather!! You can also top those cornbread waffles with your favorite taco fillings for a fresh take on Taco Tuesday. 🌮
Do you have a favorite way to eat waffles or a waffle iron recipe you’d love to share? We’d love to hear from you! We’re always looking to expand the menu at our house.
Happy Waffle Day! May it be as AMAZING as it sounds!